RULES & REGULATIONS FOR BUDGET BILLING
- You will have 30 days to pay each monthly payment of $25 per unit before you receive a penalty. The due date for each payment is listed on your bill. The penalty is 10% of what is unpaid and will appear on your next monthly refuse bill.
- If the account misses three (3) monthly refuse payments within a calendar year, that account will be taken off of budget billing and returned to a yearly refuse bill. The Village Clerk will calculate how much is still outstanding and must pay the difference and will be given a penalty 10% on what is due.
- If at any time during the year you would like to voluntarily be removed from the budget billing schedule, the Village Clerk will calculate how much you owe and you will receive a bill for what is due towards refuse and it will be due within 30 days.
- Unpaid Refuse (as well as unpaid water, unpaid sewer and other charges owed to the Village) is subject to tax relevy on or about May 15th of each year in accordance with New York state law.
- The Village of Brewster cannot predict future budgets that might be adopted, therefore current rates that have been in place for many years may no longer be the same. Additionally, billing policies are always subject to change.
Please note that if you would like to pay for your monthly refuse bill with a credit card you may do so by calling our office or by using your account number (51.0000XXX.0) and your bill number to log in to pay your bills on our website, just click Pay Current Bill on the home page and scroll down to “Click here for online CURRENT bill payments”. Your refuse bill will not show up on the pay now page but you are able to change the amount due under the payment information section by changing the payment amount to your refuse bill or add it to your other current water or sewer bill. Please make sure to verify in the comment section what bill you are paying.
If you have any questions on the budget billing rules and regulations for the monthly refuse bills, please contact the Village Offices at 845-279-3760 or email the Village Clerk,